I finally got around to publishing my EBU-TT-D subtitle converter to github
. The code is distributed under the terms of the GPL.
I need subtitles to watch Tatort in German but the subtitle format provided by the Mediathek is not supported by most media players. As I couldn't find a tool to convert the broadcast format to something simpler and in general use, I wrote my own. Converting to SRT was the easiest but it shouldn't be too difficult to support more output formats. https://github.com/y-muller/ebu2srt
ebu2srt is a simple subtitle converter for EBU-TT-D format.
I'll add binary releases soon. I also wouldn't mind some help creating a Debian package.